Check the Level of Windshield Washer Fluid in Your Car

As you know, we have had some rather severe winter weather recently and weather reports say we may be in for more snow and ice this week.  Yikes!!  Driving in winter weather can be challenging. One thing that can be especially annoying and potentially dangerous is road spray on your windshield.  This is quite hazardous as it makes it virtually impossible to see the road.  That's why it is imperative to keep your windshield washer fluid filled at all times.  I found a new product from Prestone which I am happy to share with you today.


The light on my dashboard indicating the windshield wiper fluid was low came on last week.  I love that there is a light that comes on to let you know about this.  That was not always the case.  And most of us are not often under the hood to check such things.  While running errands on Saturday, I saw this Pep Boys store and decided to run in and pick up a bottle of fluid.


As I entered the store, these bottles of Prestone De-Icer windshield washer fluid were prominently displayed.  I had not seen this before, so I picked up a bottle and started to read.


I was intrigued.  "Streak free."  "Haze free."  "Cleans road spray, snow, sleet and freezing rain."  I had to have a bottle of this stuff.  I especially like the picture of the ice scraper with the red circle and line through it.  That's a surefire way to get people to buy!


There are lots of portals under the hood of a modern car for various fluids.  Make certain you find the windshield washer fluid portal.  I know that sounds silly, but it can turn into a disastrous and expensive situation if you get the wrong fluid in the wrong portal.


The actual fluid tank is buried somewhere out of sight under the hood.  Years ago the washer fluid tanks were clearly visible, but no longer.  I looked for a "fill line" on this plastic portal but I could not find one.  So I filled to within a couple inches of the top.  Once filled, I snapped the cap back in place and moved on to the next project.

Please check the windshield washer fluid level in your car.  Whether you live in a state with wintry weather or not, it is important to do this maintenance.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig