A Wreath Update

Fall arrived last week and I thought it was time for a new wreath on the front door. Or at least an upgrade to the existing wreath. Read on to see how I upgraded the front door for fall.


During the summer months, I posted that I found a very pretty wreath for the front door. Simple. Understated. It was this wreath done in artificial fern. I thought I could do something with this for fall rather than buy a new wreath. So I went exploring and I found just what I was looking for.


I ran in to TJ Maxx/HomeGoods one evening and found this small wisp of a wreath with fall colors. Left on its own, it is rather sparse. It doesn't make a statement. But I thought it would work well combined with the fern wreath.


I removed the fern wreath from the front door and laid the smaller wreath with the fall colors on top. It looked like it would fit inside the fern wreath with ease. All I would need was a little hot glue to hold it in place.


I fired up the smaller of the hot glue guns in preparation for this project. This was the first glue gun I ever purchased. That was several years and many projects ago and it continues to be the one I use most often.


I turned the two wreaths over to determine where the hot glue should be applied. Upon closer inspection, it looked like I might not need the hot glue after all. The diameters of the each wreath was such that I could just fit the smaller fall wreath snugly inside the larger fern wreath by just bending it and using my thumbs to assemble the two together into one.


After a little manipulation of the two, look what I put together using only the strength of my thumbs. They fit together very snugly, so there was no need for the glue. A little twisting and tucking and we had a beautiful new decoration for the front door.

When it is time to change over to the winter wreath, we will start anew with a whole new wreath which I picked up at Crate & Barrel Outlet some months ago. That is still some time away. So for now. we will enjoy this nice addition to the front entrance of Crest Avenue.


A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig