Candy Bags Galore!

Can you believe this coming Saturday is October 15?  Amazing!  In our continuing efforts to prepare for Halloween, we started assembling our treat bags.


This was the bounty from one of the big bags of candy we purchased.  We have bought so much candy I did not know what we had and what we did not.  So I sorted it all to get a better handle on what we were working with.


Since there were so few 100 Grand Bars, I decided to remove them from the mix altogether.  We can enjoy those.


The rest of the candy from several different varieties of bags was all separated and then placed into large Ziploc bags.  Here, on the counter are the many bags of candy and the treat bags.  The treat bags each come in quantities of twenty, so we will have forty bags in total.  It is hard to judge how many bags we need.  We have years where we hand out a dozen bags of candy.  Then there are years where we hand out all forty and resort to giving candy out in individual pieces at the end.  Will I get another set of twenty treat bags for a total of sixty bags.  Possibly.  I will have to wait and see how I feel closer to the day.  If the weather is nice, we could easily hand out all of the bags.  If it is raining or cold, ... or both, then we will not.


So, each bag gets, ... a Tootsie Pop;


Two Fruit Chews;


One thin Tootsie Roll;


One fat Tootsie Roll;


One Mini Butterfinger bar;


One Mini Nestle Crunch bar;


And finally, one Mini Baby Ruth bar.


That makes for a nice full treat bag.  And here they are in a large stainless steel mixing bowl where they will reside until Halloween night.  I move them all to a Halloween themed bowl for presentation to the children.

We filled all of the ghost bags.  Next round we will fill all the pumpkin bags.  I will not purchase the pumpkins for carving for another two weeks.  Once they are purchased, all efforts will be on carving and lighting and placement on the front porch.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig