Time to Hang the Thanksgiving Flag

When I went through the flags recently, I discovered I did not have a Thanksgiving flag. I'm not really certain how that happened. But there was not one in the collection, so I ordered one. It arrived last week and we got it up so we can enjoy it for at least a couple weeks. Take a look.


I found a wonderful flag on Amazon, com, which is where we all find anything and everything these days. We love Amazon.com. It arrived very quickly. I think maybe even the next day. I don't think it was delivered by a drone. But maybe. It was just laying on the front porch when I got home. But I don't think so. I think a UPS guy left it there.


First thing to do was to get it out of the package and onto the ironing board to press out the fold marks. The Rowenta 1750w Professional Steam Iron makes easy work of this project. This model has been replaced by the Rowenta Dg8520 which I am sure is a great iron. But I will not be upgrading because my Rowenta 1750w is still in mint condition and works perfectly.


Fold marks removed, we took the flag outside and prepared it for hanging. On one end of these flags there is a small tab of fabric with an opening in the center. You will need to find that end and fold the flag back to expose this tab. You will attach this to a metal hoop on the end of the flag pole to keep the flag in place.


One the flag is secured, up it goes. I really like the beautiful fall colors in the flag. And it looks good in this location. Just a little decor for the upcoming holiday. We will be spending the day with family in Midlothian, VA this year. We are very much looking forward to the day.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig