A New Nightlight for the Kitchen

I don't know about you, but sometimes during the night I get up and make my way to the kitchen for a glass of water, ... or Coke Zero. Probably more often for Coke Zero, but we won't talk about that right now. I was in desperate need of some sort of lighting in the kitchen during the night. I wanted something more than just a little "plug in" nightlight. On a recent trip to HomeGoods I found exactly what I needed. Take a look.


I found just the right spot for this cute little lamp with an Edison bulb on the kitchen counter. (That is an agave in the foreground that I bought at the annual plant show at the D.C. Arboretum several years ago.)


As is the case at HomeGoods, what you see is what you get. And what is there today will not necessarily be there tomorrow. You pull off the shelf the items you want. There are no boxes are any of that. This little lamp was sitting amongst a bevy of other lamps, rather lost on the shelf. But I saw him and decided he would work just perfectly for my intentions. Sort of like Charlie Brown and is infamous Christmas tree. The cashier was kind enough to wrap packing paper around the bulb before placing this lamp in my shopping bag.


I loved the Edison-style bulb that came with it. It is very much like the Kichler bulb we installed in the front lamp post a few weeks ago.


They call it a "vintage" light bulb. "Edison", "vintage" - they are both adequate descriptors.


I wanted to set the lamp on a timer so that it would stay on during the night hours and turn off during the daylight hours. I have several of these timers in my arsenal. I particularly like this style of timer.


You will see in this picture that these timers can be set to turn on and off at multiple times of the day and night simply by depressing the outer rings of black buttons in succession. So you could have a lamp turn on and off innumerable times with one timer. Perfect. Especially useful at this time of year.

If you would like night time lighting in your kitchen, consider adding a little style to your decor and pick up a small lamp of your liking and set it on a timer.  It's a great look.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig