A Quiet but Pleasant New Year Celebration

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

This year, as has been the case in recent years, I spent a very quiet and pleasant new year's eve at home talking on the phone with friends.  It has become tradition to call and wish all the best to all my friends and family at the start of the new year.


I found this wonderful stone cast champagne cooler which I have had for many years.  I think this may have come from Horchow.  I was really big into Horchow several years ago.  I chilled a bottle of champagne and then placed it inside the cooler wrapped in a towel.


A bottle of Korbel Extra Dry, to be specific.  I like Korbel champagne.  It is a good middle of the road champagne.  Not too expensive, but not the most economical either.  Remember, always serve champagne, no matter the price, chilled.  It must be as cold as possible when poured.  And keep it on ice in between pours.


There is nothing as delicious as a beautiful, cold glass of champagne.  And use a fanciful glass.  It makes any occasion all the more special.  Even if you are having a glass alone.


I opted for a martini glass with a fleur de lis pattern.  Mix it up a little.  If you would prefer to serve champagne in martini glasses, then do it.  Step outside convention and see what happens.  It was an enjoyable evening spent with good friends and good conversation - and a bottle of good champagne. And yes, I did finish the bottle.  A full eight ounce glass of V8 and two Excedrin before bedtime will take care of any morning sickness after consuming alcohol.  Or at least it does for me.  Can't hurt to try it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig