An EZPass in Every Car

I finally did it.  I signed up for the EZPass toll booth transponder.  My daily commute to the office and errands on the weekend do not require me to pay tolls.  However, when I visit my family in Richmond, VA (Midlothian to be more specific), there are several tolls along that route.  It becomes a hassle to search for change, or in some cases, several dollars to pay tolls at each of the booths along the way.  But that is all a thing of the past now.


Since I live in Maryland, I signed up for a Maryland EZPass account.   But, as you can see from the map above, the transponder will work in several states and in areas in which I will be driving over the coming year.


When approaching the toll booths now, I simply look for the EZPass lane and keep going.  What a marvelous invention.


When you receive your envelope in the mail, it will contain one of these cellophane bags in which you will find your transponder.


And this is what it looks like.  Just remove it from the bag and read the enclosed instructions on how and where to install it in your car.  This is very important.


The instructions for installation are enclosed on this small, pamphlet sized sheet of paper.  You are mostly concerned with the placement of the transponder.  You want the toll booth to be certain to "see" it when you go through.  The transponder will be invalid if you mount it improperly.  You can move it from vehicle to vehicle.  You will just need to contact the agency in your state if you need additional fasteners for your other vehicles.


Here we are, ready to install the transponder on the windshield.  Simply peel off the backing from these two fasteners, arrange it in the right space and press and hold for two seconds.  That's it.


The instructions say at least three inches down from the frame of the car.  It was easy for me to find the right spot because of this sun reflecting material that is at the top of my windshield.



And two inches to the right of the rear-view mirror bracket.

And there you have it.  EZPass installed and ready for the next trip to Midlothian.  I don't know what took me so long to get one of these.  If you find yourself paying tolls, frequently or infrequently, get an EZPass,



A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig