Chopped Veggies

Sometimes I do not want to take the time to chop veggies for the weeks salads.  If I am working on a large project that I know will consume hours of my time, I will adjust kitchen time so that I can complete what I am working on.  Such was the case a couple weeks ago.  I found these containers of chopped veggies at a local grocer.  Take a look at what I did with them.


Finely chopped tomato, onion and green peppers in small containers.  Sheer perfection.  These were chopped finely, as I would in my own kitchen at Crest Avenue.  And the containers were small, which is another important issue for me.  I have a hard time consuming the large containers of chopped veggies before they begin to spoil.


I used this brightly colored melamine mixing bowl which I thought would be perfect for my plan for these veggies.


And that was to combine them all together.  Rather than leaving them in the containers from the store, I mixed them all together.


This way, I can add a nice helping of all three to my lunch salads.  This gives a nice boost to a garden salad.  For me all I really need is bibb lettuce, a small can of tuna or chicken, and few spoonfuls of this melange, and a good, high quality salad dressing.  I am currently using the Marie's Brand salad dressings, which are wonderful.


Into one of our new containers with the seafoam tinted lids.


And on with the lid.  Be sure that all of the veggies are inside the container.  Wipe around the outside of the container with a clean paper towel before placing the lid on top.


Into the refrigerator and ready to be added to a salad, ... or, ... even on a sandwich.  Lightly toast two slices of sour dough bread, add mayonnaise and dijon mustard to your liking, pile on some freshly sliced turkey from the deli and a spoonful or two of this delicious veggie mix.  Slice in half and enjoy.  You could even add a light smear of cranberry sauce on one or both slices of bread.  Make it your own.

If you are busy like me with projects or family or work and you find you are running out of time for kitchen duty, do not hesitate to go to market and find some items to make food preparation easy. These containers were $1.49 each.  A bargain to have the chopping already done for you.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig