Little Rubber Bumper Feet

We recently bought a new set of everyday flatware from Pier One Imports.  It was time to retire the set we had.  That set was taken to Goodwill.  It was perfectly fine.  We just wanted an upgrade.  I shopped online on their website and found the perfect set.  While shopping for the new flatware, I found a really cute flatware holder set.  I thought it would be perfect, and indeed, it is.  But with one little problem.  Read on.


I really liked this three cup set that came with a black, wooden tray.  Each of the three holders are glazed ceramic.  They look particularly sharp on top of the black wooden tray.  But the problem was that they moved around on the tray.  Although there are small, square indentations on the tray, they are larger then the bases of the holders.  So they move around.


I picked up this set of Bumpers from Lowe's.  These would traditionally be used on cabinet doors to muffle the sound when closing the doors,  But I thought they would work perfectly in this case too.


So, I removed the flatware and turned over the ceramic holders.  As you can see in this photo the holders are not glazed on the outer edges on the bottom.  You would think this would help keep them in place on the holder, but that was not the case.


There were several sizes and shapes of bumpers in the package.  After a little inspection, I decided to use the small gray ones.  These were the perfect size for the outer edges of the holders.


I simply peeled them off the backing and placed one in each corner of each of the three flatware holders.


Then, back onto the wooden tray and back in with the flatware.  Now we are able to remove flatware, use it, wash it, and place it back in each of the respective holders without the holders constantly needing to be rearranged.  A quick fix to what would have been an ongoing annoyance.


A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig