A Wonderful Valentine's Dinner

I hope you enjoyed Valentine's Day with your special someone or with friends or family.  Whatever version of Valentine's Day makes you happy, that is how I hope you spent it.  I decided to do a couple filet mignon's in the oven for dinner and I'll share with you how they turned out.


I picked these up on an errand run last week.  Two delectable, bacon-wrapped filet's.  Most any grocery store has these in the meat department these days and they are most times very good.  So you do not need to visit the local butcher to get your filet mignon unless, of course, you want to.  These were packaged and ready to go.  I preheated the oven to 375℉ and covered a broiler pan with foil.  I sprayed the foil with butter flavored Pam cooking spray and set the filet's on top.  A sprinkling of salt and black pepper and then into the oven for 20 minutes.


While the filet's were cooking, I prepared my plate with a hearty serving of horseradish sauce.


I used the Heinz brand premium horseradish sauce.  There is no specific measure of this; just add an amount you feel is appropriate.
.

Twenty minutes later, I removed two of the most beautiful filet's from the oven you have ever seen.  I plated them on small white plates with a small pat of real butter on top and some of the pan juices drizzled over the butter.


As you can see here, perfectly done.  I would call this medium rare.  Let the butter completely melt and blend in with the natural juices.  Then sit with a friend and enjoy a delightful, and light dinner.  I served this with steamed broccoli and cabernet sauvignon.  I did not post about steaming broccoli because, .. well, ... steaming broccoli does not make for a very exciting post.  Pick up some filet mignon this week and enjoy it over the long holiday weekend.  So simple and delicious.  Oven set to 375℉.  Cook for 20 - 25 minutes.  Salt, pepper, butter and horseradish sauce.  Enjoy!

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig