Bin Clip Labels are a Nice Upgrade to the Kitchen!

Today, we are back at the Container Store.  I have been on a roll lately with the Container Store.  And here is the latest gadget I found.


These wonderful bin clips.  What a great idea.  I have been considering replacing the baskets in the kitchen on top of the cabinets but could not find anything that was appealing or that would fit perfectly in the space like the baskets that are there now.  Actually, all I needed was an updated look for the existing baskets and these do just that.


There are three black metal clips in each package.  They come with white inserts on a medium weight, white paper.  I decided to discard the inserts and do something a little more creative.


This is the reverse side of each clip.  You see there is a flexible tab on the back which can be manipulated to fit over the edge of your bin and then hold the clip snugly in place.


I have three baskets in this one location in the kitchen, so one box of these worked for my purposes.  I made labels for each clip describing, briefly, what is kept in each bin.  I used Microsoft Word software to make these.  I just created a text box that was 2" high and 3.6" wide.  I used Segoe UI Light for the font and I added a textured background to each label.  I cut them out using an ordinary pair of household scissors and inserted them in the holders.


I made these labels several years ago when I first placed these baskets on top of what was then new kitchen cabinets.  Again, I created text boxes and typed in the descriptor information.  Then I cut them out and used double-sided Scotch tape to hold the two ends together after I wrapped the card stock around the top of the basket.  These held up quite well for many years.


This time, for the inserts, I used this wonderful glossy brochure paper from HP.  This is a dream to work with and the labels printed beautifully on the inkjet printer.  I normally use the laser printer when printing these types of things, but the inkjet worked beautifully.


So, our new labels look very nice.  Very clean and stylish.  A nice upgrade.  The original labels served their purpose well and for a long time.


I have decided to hang on to these baskets for a while longer now because I am so pleased with the upgraded bin clips.  Maybe I'll spray them with a neutral color in the future for an upgrade.  We will see about that.  Visit the Container Store by clicking here to find all kinds of useful storage and organization tools.




A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig