Elfa Shelving Systems

I recently upgraded the  Elfa shelving on one of the closet doors.  Take a look.


These center support shelving systems are perfect to add to the back of a closet door.  The design is flawless.  It is just a metal support bracket with slots running the length.  It is affixed to the door at strategic points with screws that are included.  Then you choose the size basket(s) you want and slide them in place.  Initially, I opted for a combination of large baskets on the bottom of the support and small baskets from midway, up.  That was no longer working for me.


So I made a stop at The Container Store recently and picked up four large baskets to replace the small baskets.  This was a most excellent choice.  The large baskets are deeper and wider than the small. Same length, but more space is available for storage due to the extra depth and width.


The large baskets are 5-1/4" wide by 17-1/8" in length by 5-1/2" in height.  For my closet door, that means I can easily accommodate seven large baskets and still have plenty of room to place items and retrieve items from the baskets with great ease.


I noticed on this recent trip that Elfa has introduced a new mesh style basket for this storage system. I like the mesh look, but not so much that I would redo all of my Elfa storage with the mesh baskets.  I am still a big fan of the wire baskets.  It is a personal choice.  Either style affords wonderful additional storage.


Here, a picture of three of the four new baskets in place on the door.  I am using these to store belts, t-shirts, socks and various other items for which space is currently unavailable elsewhere.

The small baskets I replaced will be use in another area.  I am thinking possibly in the garden shed. We will see about that.  If you are in the market for Elfa shelving, The Container Store is currently offering 15% off on select purchases.  You can shop in-store or online.  It is a great time to keep that resolution to get organized in 2017! 

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig