Nashville Part Two

Continuing with our trip to the Antiques and Garden Show in Nashville.  In a word, the show was "wonderful."  Not too small.  Not too large.  A perfect representation of exhibitors.  Take a look at some pictures from the floor.


This is just one example of the attention to detail that was put into designing the exhibition floor.  A very pretty little garden area where one could take a moment to sit and reflect.  Or have a Bloody Mary.


And speaking of Bloody Mary's.  There were at least two "beverage stations" (we will call them) set up so that you could stop and get a libation to carry with you while meandering the floor.  They thought of everything.  I took Uber from the hotel so I enjoyed a couple refreshments while I was there.


This was a cute little garden shop with a multitude of flowering bulbs for sale.


And every kind of seed packet you could possibly imagine.  Fruits, vegetables, flowers.  Anything you could possibly want, they had.  And now is a good time to start your seeds.


Another little garden shop with lots of topiaries and ferns.  They had really cute boxwood and holly topiaries.  I bought a boxwood topiary here.


I bought the one in front with the green marbled pot.  They were all so cute.  One of the guys working the booth said to let the soil dry to the touch, then water half way up to the top of the pot.  He assured me that if I used this method I would have no problem keeping this alive.  So that it what I intend to do.


This picture was taken as I was leaving the show floor.  It did not photograph exactly as it was in real life.  This fern was positively enormous.  You have never seen a fern as large.  It was just magnificent.


Finally for today, I had to post this picture of one of the trash cans scattered about the floor for people to drop in, well, say an empty Bloody Mary cup.  They wrapped them in black stretch fabric so they would not stand out and be an eyesore.  What a smart and ingenious idea.  They just blended in with the floor covering.  Attention to detail was A-1 in every respect.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig