Our Trip to Nashville

My decision to attend the Antiques & Garden Show in Nashville was last minute.  I did not know about the show until one week before it was scheduled, so I quickly put together my travel plans, which included taking Baxter, and off we went.  I cannot tell you what a wonderful time I had at the show.  Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to see much of the city of Nashville, but there is always next year.  Here are a few pictures of the trip.


I decided to drive to Nashville.  I could not find any suitable flights in such a short period of time.  It is a long drive, but not an unpleasant one.  With stops for gas it takes nine to ten hours each way. Baxter slept most of the way as you can see above.


He is a great little traveler.  He has been in the car since he first came to live with me.  Even from a puppy he was going with me on errand runs on the weekend.  And he has made several trips to visit my family in Richmond, VA.  So he settles in once we get on the road and takes a nap.  He is the perfect travel companion.


I was very fortunate to find a hotel that took pets in such a short span of time.  The Hotel Preston was that hotel and we were very happy there.  It is a contemporary/boutique hotel located just east of downtown Nashville, which worked perfectly for us.  And it is very close to the Nashville airport which will work perfectly next year if I decide to fly down for this event.


Here he is in the room on the bed, smiling.  I took his crate so that he would have a familiar place to stay while I was out of the room attending the show.  His blankets were inside so he was happy to lie down and take a nap while I was gone.


On Friday I made my way to the show which was held at the Music City Center in downtown Nashville.  It was a short Uber ride from the hotel.  So, if you were wondering if Uber service is available in Nashville, it is.


This sign was posted at the entrance to the show referencing the gardens at Cheekwood, which is just a short distance from the Music City Center.  We will definitely want to visit this estate at some point in the future.


As you made your way through the walkway, there were gardens and gardens of the most beautiful perennials you have ever seen.  Starting with these gorgeous hyacinths.


Sunny yellow and white tulips.


And this beautiful mix of pink and red tulips.  For more information on Cheekwood and how this all ties together, visit https://cheekwood.org/#.


Finally, when the day was over, I made my way out of the hall and back to the hotel where Baxter was patiently waiting.  It was a very enjoyable day.

Tomorrow we will cover the lecture I attended with Brooke and Steve Gianetti and their brand, Patina Farm.  They are so talented and such a great team.  You will enjoy hearing all about that.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig