Echo Dot Cozy

At Christmas, I gave myself one of the new Amazon Echo Dot voice controlled devices.  I was intrigued and they were not terribly expensive, so I bought one to see what it was all about.  I have enjoyed asking "Alexa" questions about several different things and hearing her responses.  I even play an abbreviated version of Jeopardy with her some evenings.  That is quite fun.  You have to answer with a question just like on the tv show.  And you have a time limit.  And it makes all the sounds that are made on the show.  It was worth the price just for this.

I was on Amazon.com for something a couple weeks ago and I saw this new accessory for the Echo Dot.


A fabric case.  The Echo Dot is really not intrusive in the decor of any room.  It is small and rather obscure, blending in on a side table.  But I thought this would give it a nice finished look, so I bought one in Sandstone.


As you can see here, the Echo Dot is very small and takes up very little room on this mirrored bedside table in my bedroom.


The case is a hard shell of durable plastic on which fabric has been adhered, presumably with some ultra thin and super sticky adhesive.  Or maybe the plastic is heated and then the fabric outer-covering is applied, bonding the two together.  I don't know for certain how it is done.  Perhaps I should contact the show "How It's Made" and have them do a segment on the manufacture of these. However it is done, it is a quality product.


A cut out area in the side is positioned to line up with the power and audio jack on the back of the unit.  You simply unplug the power cord from the back of the Echo Dot, slip it inside the fabric case, and then plug in the power cord.  A few seconds later Alexa greets you with "Hello."

A nice clean look and an upgrade to our Echo Dot.
Now it is time to place your Echo Dot back in place on the table.  These are great fun and very informative.  In addition to this purchase for myself, I bought one for my sister and her family also.  I think the children like it especially.  I sometimes wonder what it would have been like to have one of these when I was young and in school and doing homework and needed the answer to a question. Alas, we will never know.  But that is OK.  I did pretty well for myself without an Amazon Echo Dot as part of my formal education.  And many others of us did as well.  Visit Amazon.com to get your Echo Dot.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig