Getting Ready for Spring

We have begun working outside at Crest Avenue.  It is time to clean up the deck or the patio, or both, and get ready for outdoor entertainment.  'Tis the season for cocktails and canapes alfresco.


The first thing we do every year at Crest Avenue is clean the deck.  Initially, a good rinse with the garden hose helps to remove all of the winter debris.  We will come back later with a good scrubbing with the scrub brush that attaches to the hose.  But for now it is presentable for company.  I gave these two chairs a good cleaning with soap and water and then went over them with a Mister Clean sponge to remove mold and mildew.  If you have not used the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sponges, you must get some today.  They are wonderful!  And they will clean your outdoor furniture like you would never believe.  I bought new chair cushions which are very smart looking.  And the table is new also. All from Home Depot.


We needed to buy a new lawnmower this year.  The Toro somehow mysteriously disappeared from the garden shed.  But not to worry.  It gave me an opportunity to try one of these new battery powered lawnmowers from the WORX line.  I have several garden tools from WORX and I am quite pleased with them.  As I said, this lawnmower runs on a battery, so you are not dealing with power cords.  I have never used an electric mower.  I can tell you that this mower is much lighter than the Toro.  And it will be much quieter than the Toro.  It is worth it to me just for the noise factor.  No more pulling cords and hoping it starts and running to get gas and oil and all of that.  I do not see how this could be a worse experience.


It came very snugly packed.  All the parts were there.  Assembly was a complete and total breeze.  I did it on the deck using a phillips head screwdriver.


A few minutes later, it was all put together and waiting for a charged battery to begin grooming the yard.  That large space in the rear is where the battery sits.  It is fully charged in 6-7 hours.  This model has a bag attachment to catch the grass clippings.  I prefer to catch the grass clippings and dispose of them or use them as mulch.

So, check back in with us in the coming weeks and look for our review of the WORX battery powered mower.  I expect great things!

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig