My Version of V8

I love V8.  Not everyone does, but I do.  If you do not like the tomato based V8, there are many different flavors of V8 these days.  There are fruit versions which I am sure are quite delicious. Unfortunately the fruit versions have way too many carbs and sugar for me.  I am already fighting the battle of Type II diabetes, so carbs and sugar are not my friend.  Actually, the tomato based V8 has a higher sugar content than you might expect, but it is manageable.  I quite enjoy the original version and the spicy hot.  But sometimes the spicy hot is a little too spicy hot.  So here is what I do.


Here we have a 64 ounce bottle original V8 and a 64 ounce bottle of spicy hot V8.  I like to mix them together.  It mellows out the spiciness of the spicy hot and adds a little umph to the original.


I use a large, clean, stainless steel bowl.


I pour both containers of juice into the bowl and then stir together with a large wooden spoon.


Then, into the pantry closet to retrieve a vessel into which I transfer the blended juice.


This handy little measuring bowl with a built in spout is perfect for this project.  Scoop by scoop from the stainless steel bowl until our carafe is filled to the brim.


Then into the bottom of the refrigerator door alongside the carafe with the organic cranberry juice. You can pick up these carafes at several different locations.  I have seen them in CVS, Wal-Mart and Target.  They are good for everyday use.

Of course, if you do not like V8 juice, maybe you like orange juice and pineapple juice.  You could mix those together.  I don't know how that would taste because I have never done that, but I imagine it would be pretty good.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig