Mother's Day 2017

Baxter and I drove to Midlothian, VA on last Friday afternoon to celebrate Mother's Day with my mother.  We left Crest Avenue at 3:00 PM with all good intention of arriving somewhere around 5:30 PM.  That did not happen.  The rain on this trip was torrential.  And consistent.  It poured rain the entire way.  We saw no fewer than four automobile accidents along the way.  Between the rain and the accidents, it took us five hours to get there.  It was a journey.  But we made it and we had a nice weekend with my mother.  There were flowers and food and all things a mother should have on this day.  I decided to spend a little extra time on the card this year.  Take a look.


I searched Google for an elegant Mother's Day pic and found this cute image with flowers.   I printed it on white cardstock.  Then I cut it out and found another sheet of cardstock in pink.  I cut out a small frame from the pink cardstock.  A 65 lb. works perfectly for this project.  You do not need anything heavier.  This weight is standard and readily available in Staples and Office Depot.


I laid the small pink frame atop the graphic and it fit perfectly.


Then I glued the graphic to the front of her card and then glued the pink frame on top of that.  I used an Elmer's Repositionable Glue Stick.


Here is the glue stick.  You can pick these up for $2.49.  Everyone needs one of these glue sticks in their arts & crafts room.

The care was very cute and made a nice presentation.  Yes, it took a little longer than just writing "mom" on the envelope, but it was well worth the added effort.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig