Salmon Fillet with Green Beans and Broccoli Done in the Microwave

I must share with you this item I found recently at Shopper's Food Warehouse.  This is a really wonderful and quick way to have a very healthy and delicious dinner after a busy day at work.


There were several different choices available.  I chose this most delicious looking salmon packet.


These are easily cooked in the microwave.  Simply follow the cooking directions on the back of the bag.  This was an eight ounce dinner which had a recommended cooking time of between three and four minutes.  Four minutes in my microwave worked perfectly.  I set the bag atop a paper towel just in case the garlic butter leaked.  FYI, it did not.


Four minutes later, after several spins on the glass turntable in the microwave, my dinner was ready. Enough time for me to feed Baxter and let him outside.


And here was my entree.  The salmon was cooked to perfection.  The garlic butter was perfectly melted and added great flavor to the fish and the green beans and broccoli.


I opted for a drizzle of this most delicious lemon infused extra virgin olive oil on my plate and a light sprinkling of table salt.


And here you have a dinner fit for a king, ... or queen!!  (I'll just leave that right there.)

Now, don't get me wrong.  I love creating dishes in the kitchen and posting them here for all of you. But I also realize that we do not always have time to invest in elaborate dishes every night of the week.  Something quick and delicious, ... and nutritious is more in order for weeknights.  I will try the other versions of these bagged microwave dinners from Shopper's Food Warehouse and report on them here.  We have started off on a good foot with the salmon.  I have great expectations for the others as well.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig