We're Making Tartar Sauce at Crest Avenue

Earlier this week I shared with you a Salmon Fillet with Green Beans and Broccoli done in the microwave.  That dish included garlic butter as an accompaniment, which was very good.  In keeping with the theme, today I want to share with you a most delicious recipe for tartar sauce.  This is a true keeper.  You will always want to keep this recipe card in a kitchen cabinet so you have easy access.  It is quite easy to make and very delicious.  Let's get started.


First things first.  Let's start by finely dicing one teaspoon of onion.  This will not take very long but it is really the only chopping for the entire recipe, so I let to get it done and out of the way.


Now let's collect all the ingredients.  One cup mayonnaise.  Two tablespoons pickle relish.  One tablespoon dried parsley.  Two teaspoons chopped pimiento.  And, one teaspoon finely chopped onion.

Grab a medium sized stainless steel bowl from the cupboard and let's start assembling.  First in, one cup mayonnaise.  Use real mayonnaise.


Add pickle relish.  I use Vlasic Homestyle Relish.  But you could use any brand of sweet relish or even dill relish if you prefer.



Add one tablespoon dried parsley.


Add pimiento.


And finally, the finely diced onion.


Stir until incorporated.  You can use a regular dinner fork like I did.  Whatever method you use, just make sure to stir until all the ingredient are combined thoroughly.


I placed the finished tartar sauce in these little stainless steel bowls and placed them in the refrigerator.


If you are making this for a party, make it the night before and refrigerate so the parsley has time to wilt.  The same instructions if you are just making it for your own dinner.  It is best after it has set overnight in the refrigerator.

This is by far the best tartar sauce you have ever had.  There is no brand I can think of that is better. It is simple and easy to make and well worth the time.  Tomorrow I will plate an entree and use this tartar sauce in that presentation.  I think you will really like how it looks.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig