A Luxurious Breakfast Wrap

Breakfast wraps are, ... well, ... breakfast wraps.  They tend to be bland and boring and not very tasty. I decided to change that and make a luxurious breakfast wrap.  Read on.


We start with 8" flour tortillas.  I bought Chi Chi's brand, but any brand of flour tortilla will do as long as they are not apt to cracking.  I have found some of the less expensive brands are dry and have a tendency to crack.  Chi Chi's brand do not.


Two large or extra-large brown eggs.


Crack both eggs in the bowl and add a pinch of salt.  Not more than that because there are other salty ingredients in this recipe.


Add white pepper.  For most, a pinch will do.  I like pepper in my eggs so I added a little more than a pinch.  We'll say white pepper "to taste".


Using an ordinary dinner fork, scramble the eggs.


I used this small, 1-quart nonstick saucepan to cook the eggs.


And a light coating of Pam Butter flavored spray.


It is not going to hurt to add a little cooking spray to your pan even if it is nonstick.  I would rather add it for the added assurance that I will not have to worry about the eggs sticking to the pan.


Eggs in the pan over medium heat.


I placed the top on the pan because it helps to hold in the heat and cook the eggs top and bottom.


While the eggs were cooking, I placed an 8" flour tortilla on a plate and buttered lightly.


Then it was time to start assembling our wrap.  Eggs first.  I prefer my eggs hard cooked.


Then, one slice of bacon cut in half and placed atop the egg.  I used Butterball turkey bacon for the first time in this recipe.  It was rather good.  It is less fatty than regular bacon and obviously the taste and texture is different.  But it is very good.  I would definitely buy it again.


I thought we needed a little caviar for our breakfast wrap.  So I added a goodly amount of that.


And finally, a little sour cream.


Time to "wrap it up" and enjoy.  Actually, I decided to take this to the office.  So I secured it with a bamboo skewer that I cut with a pair of kitchen shears.


And finally, our delicious, and luxurious, breakfast wrap.  This was very tasty.  The flavors all came together quite nicely.  It was just enough for breakfast, so the 8" tortillas worked nicely.  Using two eggs like I did will give you enough scrambled eggs for two wraps.  I made one wrap and saved the rest of the eggs for later.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig