Our Trip to Chincoteague, Part 2

Continuing with our visit to Chincoteague, the room was perfectly comfy cozy, just as I expected it would be.


Here is handsome Baxter posing for the camera on the bed.  He was so glad to be with me.  We could have stayed in a cardboard box.  He loves to travel with me and whenever possible, I take him.


The ceiling in our room was beadboard, which I love.  I am thinking of doing the same in the living room at Crest Avenue.  I was so impressed with the look in our room, that I am pretty sure I will be installing beadboard in at least a couple rooms.


A comfy chair and chest.  The room was filled with lots of natural light, which was comforting.


My own private bathroom, in the room.  Very nicely appointed.  Everything was just perfect.  I cannot recommend the Channel Bass Inn more highly for visits to Chincoteague.  And of course the best thing is that they allow pets to visit.


Lea and I had dinner plans with Mark and David, so we drove over to the condo they were renting for the week that was on one of the inlets.  A beautiful location and just perfect for cocktails before going off to dinner.


Dinner was at the Village Restaurant which was conveniently located.  Of course, everything on the island is conveniently located.


As you enter the restaurant, the nautical theme is immediately present, as it should be.


And more of the nautical as we made our way to our table.


The dining room was nice and large and filled with natural light.  The tables were not crammed in the space, one on top of the other, which I despise.  I will not eat in a restaurant that arranges their floor like that.  We were most comfortable at our seating.


Menus were presented in nice clean covers.  Not everyone notices such things.  I do.


The pages inside were clean and well maintained.  This is usually a sign of a very well run restaurant. And a clean restaurant.


When we left dinner, the sun was down and the miniature golf course across the street was lit up for those wanting to practice their game in the evening.  I just adored the electric palm tree.  I need to find out where they got that.


And finally the day came to an end.  Back in the room with Baxter and rather exhausted from the drive down and the days activities.  A look out my window and a good thing to see.  We needed to fill up in the morning for the drive back.

The next morning was breakfast in the dining room with Lea, Barbara and David and another couple who were just arriving that day.  It was a wonderful meal and probably the best omelet I've ever had with asparagus and lots of other delicious vegetables, french-press coffee, juices, 7-grain toast with softened butter and jams.  A most wonderful experience indeed.

We were on the road mid-morning and back home around 1:30 PM.  Traffic was light because we were in-between rush hours.  A fun trip and we will look forward to going again soon.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig