Freshly Peeled Grapefruit as Dessert

Sometimes you want something really simple and delicious after dinner.  Here is an idea.  Freshly peeled grapefruit with a light sprinkling of sea salt.


I love this as a treat after a meal or really, at any time of the day.  I eat this a lot on the weekends when I'm home and have time to prepare.  The secret to getting perfectly peeled grapefruit is to remove the outer rind and then to completely remove the membrane between each wedge.  This will give you a beautiful container of grapefruit.  I rather like it at room temperature.  Or maybe somewhere between refrigerated and room temperature.


A very light sprinkling of sea salt adds a bold flavor.


This picture will give you an idea of how much sea salt to add.  Not a lot.  You do not want to douse it with salt.  Just a light shake.  Now grab a fork and enjoy.  This would also be excellent for breakfast with a slice of undressed toast.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig