We're Off and Running

I took this picture on Saturday of one of the Mandevilla towers we planted last week.


They are already starting to vine up and around the cages.  This may actually go faster than I expected.  We've got nearly three more weeks in the month of August and then all of September for these to put out new growth.  Depending on the weather, I may bring them inside in October.  We sometimes have frost around the end of October.


I decided to add a sprinkle of Miracle-Gro Shake 'n Feed All Purpose plant food.  I have used this over the years and it really is a great product.  I used this on the two topiaries I bought for the front entrance in the spring and they are a beautiful lush green.


It just takes a little.  A couple of shakes on top of the soil in the planter and it sets about feeding the roots.  I am very encouraged so far.  Let's see what happens.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig