New Martini Glasses

I was in Pier One recently and I found these wonderful martini glasses.


Unfortunately, these pictures do not present them in the best possible light.  The bases are large orbs - I would say about the size of a golf ball.  And they are embedded with a faceted jewel of some description.  You cannot see the sparkle in these photos but believe me, they sparkle baby.


The bowls are regular martini size as you would expect on a stemmed martini glass.  So don't think that you are getting a "mini" martini glass.  You are getting the standard size martini bowl, just without the stem.


In this picture you get a little better look at one of them.  You can see a little sparkle in the base.  This glass was filled with ice cold Ketel One Citroen vodka, a tiny splash of tonic and a lemon twist.  I cannot take vermouth in my martini.  There is something in vermouth that upsets my stomach.  So I use a touch of tonic and a few ice cubes.  So I guess it's really more of a vodka tonic in a martini glass, but, whatever works.  It was delicious.  I only bought two of these because I wasn't sure if I would be happy with them.  I will be going back for more this weekend.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig