I tried something new. After I retired and moved to the house in Savannah, I thought maybe I would try a YouTube channel. I've been writing this blog for several years now and I thought a YouTube channel might be the next logical step. That turned out not to be the case.
I decided I might even try a new and different title for the YouTube channel and call it "Everyday Life with John Newman." I spent some time creating the logo above. I created it as a banner and as a thumbnail. I took some video of myself at Home Depot buying two topiaries and then video of me planting the topiaries once I got them home.
I'm not going to get into a long-winded condemnation of YouTube. I'm only going to say that it was not for me. It is an entirely different format from what I am used to on Blogger. The restrictions on content are ridiculous, not that I would be posting anything even remotely controversial. It would be the same sort of posts as I do here, ... but it just didn't feel right. And it is common. Anybody and everybody has a YouTube channel these days. There is no exclusivity to having a YouTube channel. I have always thought of us as an exclusive, small group with common interests revolving around home, food and how to live a beautiful, tranquil life. I think our discussions here are much better suited to achieving that goal than anything I could ever post on YouTube. Granted, this is not the largest blog in the world, nor would I ever want it to be. But it is the best blog in the world, and I think you all agree.
So, the bottom line is, I am not going to start a full-time YouTube channel. I may do a video from time to time and post it on YouTube under "At Home with John Newman", but I am not doing a name change and a YouTube channel and shutting down the blog. We are going to continue our little "exclusive" club here at "At Home with John Newman" through Blogger like we have for the past 15 years and I want to thank you for being a part of the journey.

No comments
Post a Comment