A Little More Fall Decor

We put together another festive fall bowl to bring some fall colors to the decor.


This time we used a clear, glass bowl that sits atop a black iron base.  This bowl can be used for any and all holiday decoration.  But for now, it is filled with gourds


I shifted the gourds around in the bowl until I had them situated just as I wanted.  This could take a while or it could happen with the first placement.  You will know when the arrangement looks like you want.


Now to preserving gourds.  Personally, I have never had very good luck with preserving them for another year.  And that really doesn't bother me because I like buying new ones every year with different colors and shapes.  But if you want to try to, you can place the in brown paper bags and put them in the attic where, hopefully, the inside of each gourd will dry and you will be left with the beautiful outer shell.  I make no guarantee that this will work.  I think I was successful getting one or two to dry properly out of a much larger quantity that I placed in the attic.  It just wasn't worth it to me.


Finally, why not mix things up a little and through some hydrangea in the mix.  I cut the stems on these and placed them in a large yellow vase.  Really beautiful.  Have some fun and enjoy decorating for fall.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig