Lemon Sauce

Continuing with our lemon theme, today I am going to share my recipe for Lemon Sauce, which is divine.  This is so easy to make and I know you will love it.  So let's get to it.


We will start with the ingredients: one-half cup sugar, two tablespoons cornstarch, one cup water, two tablespoons butter, one tablespoon grated lemon zest, and one tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice.


To a small saucepan add the sugar and cornstarch.


Combine the two with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula if cooking in non-stick cookware, which you should use for this recipe.


Gradually stir in the water.  About one quarter cup at a time.  Set saucepan over medium heat and stir constantly.


Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.


Boil and stir for one minute.


Remove from heat.


Stir in remaining ingredients.


Stir until all ingredients are fully incorporated.


You can serve this sauce warm or cool.  I poured the finished sauce into a porcelain bowl and placed it in the refrigerator for about an hour.


While the sauce was cooling, I found a box of these delightful Sweet Lemon crisps.


And I brought out the sea salt.


I decided I would serve the lemon sauce over plain vanilla ice cream.  I place two or three small scoops of ice cream in the bowl and then added the lemon sauce.


A dollop of fresh whipped cream and one of the sweet lemon crisps, and I had a lovely dessert.  Oh, and a light sprinkling of sea salt.  Don't forget the sea salt.  I know you may think it is not necessary or that it will detract from the flavor.  Not true.  It is a perfect accompaniment.  Just a little.  A pinch.


This is incredible.  A quick and elegant dessert.  I have decided that this is my new "go to" dessert.  You can whip up this sauce in no time.  If you do not have vanilla ice cream in the freezer, this would work well over sliced pound cake.  It would be a wonderful dip for vanilla wafers or shortbread cookies.  I think it would also be good over a small bowl of blueberries.

Lemon sauce.  Give it a try!

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig