My Trip to Miami

I celebrated my birthday week before last with a trip to beautiful Miami Florida.  The weather had already started to cool here in the Mid-Atlantic, so I was looking forward to warmer weather for a few days.  I was not, however, expecting the warmth with which I was met.  It was at least 86 degrees most days while I was there.  I laid in the sun and got a sunburn which is something we cannot do in November in DC.  It was a blast, so I thought I would share some pictures.


I stayed at the magnificent Fountainbleau hotel in Miami Beach.  This hotel was opened in 1954 and reigns supreme among Florida hotels being the largest and most luxurious in all of South Florida.  A major renovation began in 2005 and in 2008 the hotel reopened to rave reviews.  It truly is a 5-Star hotel.  Service is stellar.  The building is well maintained.  It reminded me somewhat of the Beverly Hills Hotel.


I was in the Sorrento Tower which is pictured above.  I took this picture from the pool area at La Cotė. 


My view from the pool as I spent the morning basking in the hot Florida sun.  It was still relatively early in the day when I took this photo, so there were not many people there.  By the time I left, the chairs had filled up considerably.  What is a trip to Miami Beach if you don't spend a little time lying in the sun?  That's part of the whole purpose of going.


I was very pleased with my room.  Quite spacious.  I originally requested a room with a bay view but I ended up with a room which had an ocean view AND a bay view.  This view is of the Atlantic Ocean.  You can see the sun reflecting off the water on this early morning shot.


Another longer view down the beach and of the Atlantic Ocean.


Then this beautiful view over the bay and of the Miami skyline.


This pool was visible from the balcony in my room.  It was a very private pool.  I never made my way to it.  I would have liked to have laid out at this pool and maybe taken a few laps, but I was never able to find my way to it.  That may sound ridiculous but if you stay there, you will understand.  It is enormous and the phrase "you can't get there from here" does apply in some instances.


Here, another photo of the main pool area with the cabanas.  I did not rent a cabana.  I really didn't see the need.  I suppose if you were there with a small group, or even a large group, and you wanted to have a party, it would be worth the expense.  The rental includes food and bottle service, which I'm sure would appeal to a younger crowd.  The idea of drinking alcohol and/or eating while sunbathing or in a hot and humid environ just does not appeal to me.


This beautiful, curved hallway connected the main hotel to my tower.  I loved everything about the design here.  I would not change a thing.  Stunning.

So that was my trip to Miami for my birthday this year.  If you get a chance, make a reservation for a stay at the Fountainbleau.  It is an experience you will never forget.  Oh, and make sure you visit the Lapis Spa while you are there.  I had a facial one day and a hot rock massage the following day.  Really wonderful.  And enjoy the Vitamin C infused water while you are in the spa area.  It is delicious.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig