Liquid Soap Pump Dispenser Update/Improvement

I had a little issue with the soap dispenser in the bathroom that got progressively worse until I just could not take it anymore.  A quick visit to Amazon.com fixed the problem and I am going to share with you the steps I took in case you are experiencing the same.


As I said, a quick visit to Amazon.com and I found the exact part I needed to fix the problem which was a new dispenser for the liquid soap dispenser in the bathroom.  I tried finding one at several retail locations and was unsuccessful in that search, which seems to be the case for most anything these days.  You cannot find what you are looking for in a physical, brick and mortar store.  It is frustrating but thank goodness for Amazon.

This is the liquid soap dispenser in the bathroom.  Can you see what is wrong?  The angle of the dispenser pump handle.  I was not a fan of this dispenser handle from the day I bought this soap dispenser.  I bought it because it matched the other pieces I bought in the "Hotel" branded line for the bathroom.  This dispenser was awkward.  It was uncomfortable to use and just made more of a mess than anything else.  Other projects took precedence and I ended up not addressing this until now.


I wanted just a plain, simple soap dispenser pump handle.  That's it.  Nothing fancy or with curved handle parts and all of that.  Just a simple, chrome pump for the soap dispenser.  I found exactly what I was looking for on Amazon.com.  I ended up buying a "two pack" of these.  I'll use the one now and put the other one away so that I have it should we run into this problem again.


As you can see in this picture, the original handle (on the bottom part of the picture) has a much shorter dispenser tube that the replacement handle.


That is easily remedied with a pair of all-purpose scissors.  I just measured the length of the original handle and tube assembly and then measured the new replacement and trimmed the tube to the right length so that it would reach just the bottom of the dispenser.


I filled up the dispenser with a nice liquid soap with a winter scent that will be appropriate for the holiday season.  You may not think those little things make a difference, but they do.  I love this new chrome plated soap dispenser handle.  Very simple.  Very elegant.  Not overly fussy like what we had.  This one is especially nice because once the base it tightened, the dispenser part can be adjusted to your liking.  Here, I have it facing me as the photographer.


Here, facing the sink bowl, where it will stay.  The previous dispenser would not allow this adjustment.  Wherever the base part stopped, that was where everything stopped.  You could not move the dispenser handle part where you wanted.  Very frustrating.  But no more.  


And finally, me with a hand full of soap from the dispenser.  I was very happy with how this project turned out.  Simple, easy and affordable upgrade.  Those are always the best!

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig