Halloween/Fall Walking Tour

I recently did a walking tour through Georgetown in Washington, DC and caught these very fashionable homes decorated with just a fall theme or a mixture of fall and Halloween.  I loved them all.  From the very simple decorations to the large, over-the-top inflatables, they are all a winner in my book.


My walk took me along 31st Street, NW from M Street, NW to R Street, NW.  I started the tour with a picture of this beautifully colored tree.  It was a good thing I got to this tree when I did.  The leaves are falling and I would imagine in a day to two, there will be much less color on the tree and more on the ground.


Same tree, only standing underneath and shooting up through the interior.  Of all the trees along the walk, I found the colors in this tree the most magnificent.


Loved this entryway.  Not over-decorated.  Just a nice combination of gourds.  This looks very nice for the entire fall season.  The homeowners can leave this just as it is through Thanksgiving.  There is nothing specifically "Halloween" about this.


Another pretty tree.  This one primarily with reds and burgundies where the earlier tree had more yellow and golds.  Both really stunning.


Another front stoop decorated with pumpkins and gourds.  A very nice little corner that adds some color, since we are in the season of color; fall!!


This frightening guy has found himself attached to a city light pole.  I am quite certain that the District of Columbia is not decorating the street corners and light poles throughout the city for the Halloween season.  So a resident decided to add this guy to the neighborhood.  Very scary.


This was my favorite of all.  I thought this was such a good idea.  I did not inspect this closely because I did not want to just walk onto their property.  I do not know what they used to secure all of the pumpkins and gourds in the alcove above the door, but whatever it was, it seemed to be working.  Everything seemed to be solidly in place.


Here we have a common sight in Georgetown amongst the lovely, smaller townhouses where you have two entrances right next to each other, each leading to a separate residence.  Seems like they may have worked together on the decorations.  I liked this very much.


Finally we found an inflatable.  These are very popular these days for all the holidays.  They come in all shapes and sizes.  I had an inflatable turkey one year at Crest Avenue when my niece and nephew were very young.
  

This was just enormous.  At first I thought it was the killer from "Scream" but he does not have the white mask, so I guess he is just the Grim Reaper.  I would imagine there are children in this house.  They may be pre-teens or they may be in their forties.  Either way, I loved this huge, spooky guy in the front yard. 


The Skeleton Family had a gathering on the front yard of this house.  I thought this was a great idea.  They did not need to do anything more.  These were just perfect as they were.


Reaching the end of the tour, I found another tree in yellows and golds and I had to get a picture.  I guess what we have discovered today is that I am partial to fall colors of yellow and gold.

And finally, this circular front entry staircase, which I adore.  I would love this entry if there wasn't a thing on it, but the gourds make all the difference and I thought the owner did a nice job of adding some fall color to the entry.

So that concludes our walking tour of 31st Street, NW in Georgetown in Washington, DC for 2022.  Some lovely color, beautiful fall decor and Halloween decor all mixed together.  Plus the weather was nice the day I took this walk.  I had a light windbreaker on and that was all I needed.  The humidity has left Washington for the year and we are all grateful for that.  I hope everyone has a delightful and fun night tonight.  I will be with my dear friend Melinda at her house on 18th Street handing out candy to the little ones.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig