Beautiful Pyracantha

Today's post contains only one picture.  And I think it says it all.


The pyracantha are in bloom.  I just love pyracantha.  The foliage and the blooms are so beautiful. However, they are quite thorny.  They make great ornamental plants in the garden and provide dense cover for roosting and nesting birds.  The summer flowers also attract an abundance of bees and later in the fall, the red berries provide a food sauce for the birds.

Due to the thorny structure, they also make a good security barrier around the home.  These were transplanted from one garden to another two years ago.  They took quite well.  I do not recall losing even one of them.  You may like to try pyracantha in your home landscape.  But be forewarned.  You will need a pair of heavy duty gardening gloves and long sleeves when working with this plant.  The thorns can be brutal.


A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig