A New Deviled Egg Tray

I was shopping last week and I stumbled upon this beautiful grey deviled egg plate and couldn't resist.

I had to have it.  Turns out it is from a line of serving pieces from the Food Network.  I do not watch the Food Network, as strange as that might sound.  Food Network or not, I had to have this.  Which lead, of course, to the making of deviled eggs.


I love this Krups egg cooker.  It cooks eggs perfectly every time.  I read one of those quick and short and silly articles on one of the major news sites last week about small kitchen appliances which, in that authors opinion, were of no use and a waste of money.  A countertop egg cooker was one such product.  I was rather amused the whole time I was reading this article and wondering if the author had, in fact, ever used one of these vs. the traditional stove-top method of hard boiling eggs.  Then I decided I had many more important things to do with my time, and I moved on.


So, I hard boiled a dozen eggs which makes twenty-four deviled eggs.


I cooked them in the egg cooker, then cooled them in ice water to stop them from cooking further.  Overcooked eggs get that black ring around the outside of the yolk and you do not want that.  Then into the refrigerator for about an hour while I worked on other things.


They peeled with the greatest of ease, which is usually the case when using the egg cooker.  I cannot tell you how many times over the years I have had the shells stick to the eggs when I attempted to peel them after cooking them on the stove-top.  Never a good thing.  I arranged the sliced egg halves on the tray and moved on to the filling.


I placed the yoke from each egg in this bowl.  I mashed the yolks with a fork and then combined the yolks with the mayonnaise dressing.


Into a decorating bag with a large fluted tip with the mixture and I filled each egg on the tray.


Finally, just before serving, a pinch of smoked paprika on top of each egg.  Simple.  Divine.  Delicious.  And very fashionably presented.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig