Preparing a Birthday Box for Shipping

Today we are going to talk about how I recently packed up a box of goodies to send to my friend Bev for her birthday.


First, I special ordered this super cute tissue paper from Zazzle.  We love Zazzle.  I don't think I've ever seen anything on the Zazzle.com website that I did not like.  It's more of choosing those items I like BEST!  I could - and have - spent a lot of money on Zazzle.com.

How cute it this tissue with ladybugs and with the Happy Birthday banner?


I placed a couple sheets inside the box and folded them over to cover the contents.  You can hold the paper along the side of the box and fold it the width of the box.  That makes this part of the packing a good deal easier.  And it looks nice and neat.


For the top of the box - the part that had the address that she would open - I folded another sheet so that "Happy Birthday" was centered.  I also liked that there was the ladybug over the birthday greeting.


It took a little while to figure out exactly how I wanted to place this.  First I tried folding the sides down along the inside of the box, but I didn't like that.


So I decided in the end to lay it flat on top of the box and then fold in each side flap and let the paper fold inward on top of itself.  That way, when she opened the box, the first thing she saw was this sheet of tissue with "Happy Birthday" on it.

I also crumpled up a couple sheets and placed them in strategic places inside the box to help hold the contents steady during shipping.

I received a text message and later that evening a phone call with a resounding "Thank you" for the cute gift box and all the goodies included.

Just a little extra effort can turn a plain, brown, corrugated box into a special treat for a friend or loved one.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig