AN UPDATE to Yesterday's Post about the Countertop Composter

I took another look at the countertop composter last night and I realized there was something decidedly wrong with the way the bag was placed.  The placement seemed odd to me from the beginning, but I thought, well, ... I don't see any other way of securing it in place.  Last night I discovered the correct way to secure the bag.


So this was how I started.  The bag was wide enough so that it could be stretched around the outside lip of the bin and then the top was pushed down snuggly to keep it in place.  At least that is how I thought it was done.


So I removed the top and, upon further inspection, I found this square metal rod which lifts up from the rim of the top.  Guess what purpose this serves?


It serves to secure the compost bag in place.  Lift it up, place the bag and then snap the metal rod back in place.


Once in place, you can fold the sides of the compost bag inward and now you are ready to compost.


This is a much neater look than having the bag wrapped around the outside of the bin.  I knew something had to be wrong.

Yes, ... even I make mistakes.  And I'm not too proud to admit them.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig