A New Fragrance Diffuser for the Bath

We all like the bathroom to smell clean and fresh.  A good part of achieving that task is weekly cleaning.  But I also like to add an air freshener of some description.  The main bathroom at Crest Avenue is small, as bathrooms were when the house was built in 1947.  So a "small space" air freshener usually works well.  Here is my latest find.


Again, from Target, I found this fragrance diffuser which I rather liked.  "Rugged" seemed, ... well, ... rather a "rugged" name but I really liked the scent.  I don't know that I would consider myself "rugged", but if you didn't know the name of this, you would find it appealing for anyone, rugged or not.


So, I'm sure most of you are familiar with how these fragrance diffusers work.  A bottle with the liquid aromatic and diffuser sticks that are placed into the liquid.  As they become "infused" with the scent, they deliver it to the air.


First, remove the decorative cowl from the top of the bottle and then remove the stopper.


Place the decorative cowl back on the bottle top and find a suitable surface upon which to set your diffuser bottle.  This small black wall shelf worked perfectly.


At first, I tried them at a 45° angle.


This was rather "matchy-matchy" with the toothbrushes in the toothbrush holder on the same shelf.  I did not care for this.  It was too contrived.


So, I ended up going to the standard multi-positioned look.  This works much better.  What I usually do with these fragrance diffusers is drop the sticks in and let one end soak in as much of the liquid as possible.  Then remove them and turn them over.  I will continue to rotate them like this until the sticks are fully saturated.  And it is also a good idea to do this just before quests arrive.  Again, these work well in a small space.  Do not try one of these, for instance, in the dining room.  They simply cannot freshen as space that large.  Now that fall is right around the corner there will be a plethora of these in fall scents which are usually just wonderful. 

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig