Summer Ending - Fall Beginning - Banana Trees

There is a lot going on at Crest Avenue these days.  I took some random shots that I thought would be fun to review today.  So go with me on this quick journey.


I noticed a couple leaves in one of the compact holly pots one morning this week.  Could fall be here already?  If so, I would certainly not be unhappy about that.  I love fall.  It is my favorite of the four seasons.


In the circular garden in the front yard, the China Girl holly is in full berry at this point.  These are just beautiful.  And very healthy.  They evidently love this spot.


You will remember that we transplanted these about three years ago, which is hard to believe.  They were in the back between the fence the patio.  I want not sure that they would make it.  Holly does not transplant well.  But I was lucky with these.  They all lived.  There is one that is still struggling, but I think it will make it.


The banana tree.  I don't know what to say about this tree.  It is now enormous.  I had not idea when I planted it that it would eventually grow to the size it is now.  It is magnificent, but I think it is a little too close to the house.  It really needs to be moved to another spot.


These beautiful topiaries at the front door have done splendidly this year.  They were clearance items that did not look very promising in the beginning.  A little attention and patience and just look.


This one was the smaller and more damaged one and it has even done well.  Sometimes you get lucky with the clearance plants.  Not always though.  You will recall the clearance petunia pots we bought this year and tried to bring back.  That did not work.

So, there you have it.  A little walk around Crest Avenue.



A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig