Easter Brunch, Part One

We had a wonderful Easter brunch on Sunday.  It was a small gathering.  Just three altogether.  We are entertaining small groups these days.  I rather prefer a small gathering.  That way I can devote more of my time to my guest(s).


I set out the slate board and began filling it with delightful and delicious brunch fare.  Freshly made glazed donuts (these were to die for), sweet glazed Virginia peanuts, cranberry and almond bread, which was both hard and chewy.  I don't know how that was achieved, but it was delicious. Especially with a little cream cheese or compound butter.  (We'll talk more about the compound butter during the week).  To finish things off, I added fresh English muffins and a little glass dish of Valrhona caramel and peanut butter filled eggs.  (The little carrots are purely decorative, but very cute).  The English muffins are from a company called "Bays".  They are from Giant Food and they are very delicious.  I prefer them over all other brands.


These sweet glazed Virginia peanuts were really delicious.  They can be purchased at Whole Foods stores.


This year I made two trays of deviled eggs.  The tray on the right was my standard deviled egg recipe. The tray on the left are smoked salmon deviled eggs.  This was the first time making the salmon eggs and they were out of this world delicious.  I will share that recipe on the recipe page so that you can make them for your spring and summer soirees.


Here, a ramekin of the herb garlic compound butter I made the day before our brunch.  I made three different butters, all of which were delicious.


This adorable little blue bunny held the other two compound butters; orange tarragon and brown sugar with toasted walnut and raisins.  Very delicious, both of them, and well worth the time invested. Making compound butters takes some investment of time, but it is so worth it.


In this picture, we have a beautiful blue hobnail glass with stalks of celery just waiting to be dunked in bloody mary's.  We had delicious bloody mary's with brunch.  We used Mr. T's bloody mary mix and then added our personal touches - a little Worcestershire, a little horseradish, salt, black pepper. I like a slice of lemon wedge in my bloody mary.  I don't think Steven and Lea had lemon wedges.


Peter Cottontail made his appearance, of course.  I couldn't say how long he has been around, but it has been several years.  A wonderful little bouquet of daisies which we used to decorate the brunch counter and then sent home with Lea.


Finally, a refreshing look at one of my most delicious bloody mary's.  Oh, I should tell you also that I add a little V8 to the bloody mary mix.  The V8 helps to thicken it up a bit.  So I make the drink and then at the very end I add a splash of V8 and stir with the celery stalk.  Incredible!!!

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig