The First of the Easter Preparations

It will be here before you know it.  Sunday, April 16 is the date for 2017.  I have already picked up a couple cards.  As we have discussed here in previous posts, I still send cards and notes through the US Postal Service.  That is how we did it when I was growing up and it is a habit that stays with me. I do use email to communicate with friends and family and clients, but when the occasion is special, I correspond with a written note and/or card.  For my Easter correspondence this year, I wanted holiday specific postage stamps.  I am not always pleased with what is offered by the US Postal Service, so I use Zazzle.com.  They always have exactly what I am looking for.


This beautiful Easter lily design was just perfect.  This was one of many Easter designs at Zazzle.com.  If you decide to purchase stamps there, you will surely find a design that meets with your approval.

Be certain that the stamps are positioned as close to perfect in the corner of each card as possible.

They look especially nice against the bright yellow envelopes in which my cards will be placed.  I have addressed the envelopes with my return address but have not yet set pen to paper with the delivery addresses.  I will do that in one sitting after I have purchased all of the cards for this year.


While I was shopping for the cards, I found these cute egg shaped stickers that will work nicely as a seal along the back flap of each card.  Or maybe I'll use them in some other way for the Easter holiday and seal each envelope with a hot wax seal.  I have not yet decided.  I will let you know more about that in a future post.

It is not too early to start perusing your local card shops for Easter greeting cards.  They are out en masse and you will want to start early so you get the very best choice of card.  Buy your cards today and you can avoid the mad dash the week before Easter.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig