Tuna Salad Sandwich

We're making tuna salad today.  Delicious tuna salad.  In order to get delicious tuna salad you must start with the very best tuna and today I am going to let you know my choice for the very best tuna that is readily available to everyone.  So let's get started.

Tuna Salad

Ingredients:
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1 - 12 ounce can of Bumble Bee Albacore tuna
1/3 cup chopped nuts of your choice (we used chopped walnuts)
1 cup of celery and onion stuffing mix from the deli of your local market

Directions:
Mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper.  Toss with drained tuna, chopped nuts and celery and onion mix.  Cover.  Refrigerate at least 4 hours.  Serve on lightly toasted croissant with mayonnaise and Dijon Mustard.


Our ingredients.  This is a very simple and easy tuna salad recipe.  I rather think most recipes that are simple of ingredient and preparation time are usually the best.  You see in the picture above that I had a separate container of diced onion.  I ended up not using this because the celery and onion stuffing mix already contained enough onion.  If you would rather make the celery and onion mix at home, just chop one cup of celery and one cup of white onion and mix them together.


We started with 1/3 cup Hellman's mayonnaise.


Added 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice.


Added the salt and white pepper.  You need 1/4 teaspoon each.


Then the tuna.  We will talk about the tuna choice here.  I use only Bumble Bee Albacore tuna.  It is simply the best tuna out there.  I buy the large 12 ounce cans because when I am cooking with tuna, the 6-1/4 ounce cans are just not large enough.


Next, the celery and onion mix.  One cup of this is added to the bowl.


And finally 1/3 cup chopped nuts.


Give the whole thing several good stirs and there is your salad.  For guests, refrigerate for several hours and serve cold.  But it was lunch time for me, so I made a sandwich straight away.


I lightly toasted a large bakery fresh croissant.


I added a hearty helping of mayonnaise on both pieces of bread and then added a little Dijon mustard to one side.  I highly suggest the addition of Dijon mustard.


Two hearty scoops of tuna salad.


Two slices of fresh garden tomato liberally sprinkled with salt.


Two fresh romaine lettuce leaves.


Put the top on, and enjoY!!


This is one delicious sandwich.  A tray of these at a spring garden party on the patio with an enormous bowl of fresh fruit and several bottles of a good Chardonnay that have been thoroughly chilled in a tub of ice and you have got one great afternoon/early evening planned.

Additional serving suggestions:

Serve on salad greens with avocado slices or in halved cantaloupes with the seeds removed.  That is a lovely presentation.

This recipe serves 4.  For a party of 8, simply double the recipe.  For a party of 12, I would quadruple the recipe or just make two double batches.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig