Niimbot Portable Bluetooth Printer

I want to share with you a new label maker that I recently purchased that I think you will really like.  It is called the Niimbot Wireless Portable Label Printer.


For many things that need to be labeled in and around the house, we normally use Avery labels that run through the printer attached to my desktop computer.  For most labeling jobs, Avery labels work perfectly.  They come in an array of different sizes and are readily available online or at your local office supply or even box big retailers.  So you would wonder why one would need a separate label printer.

As you can see in the illustration above, this little handheld label printer is small enough so that you can take it with you wherever you are in and around the house.  You can take it to the garage, the tool shed, the attic, a spare bedroom, wherever you may be in the house. You can design and print your labels right there.  No running back and forth to your desktop printer.  This makes organizing your home a lot easier.


Here is the actual printer unit that I received and a box of labels.  I'll show you in the next few pictures why I really like these labels as opposed to the labels in other portable label makers.


As you see here, the roll of labels for this printer contain individual labels rather than a long roll of label material that you cut.  These labels are much more professional looking.


Another good thing about these labels is that they are waterproof.  That is extremely important in most cases where you are labeling items.  Items that will be used in the kitchen or the bath are at risk of coming in contact with water on a regular basis.  These waterproof labels are perfect for such places.


I decided to start my labeling efforts in the kitchen.  As you see here, I do not use the "conventional" canisters for my baking ingredients.  These glass containers with snap on lids are from IKEA.  They come in a variety of sizes and they fit perfectly in my kitchen cabinet.  Mostly I had trouble deciphering which container had salt and which container had sugar.  The other items were obvious but to stay with a consistent look, I labeled them all.


What a nice, neatly organized cabinet we have now.  Everything is clearly marked with the contents.


No more having to test which container is salt and which is sugar before adding the wrong ingredient to my dish.


Another thing I really like about this portable printer is that you can make these labels on your phone.  Take the printer into the kitchen along with your phone, pull up the Niimbot app, design your labels and print them right there.  It couldn't be easier.  You can center the text as I have done here, or right or left justify.  You can change the size of the font or the font itself.  This really is a great improvement over the portable label printers of the past.  I was very pleased with this cabinet organization project, so I decided to label a couple of items in the bath.


These bottles sit in a corner shelf in the shower area.  Although I realize it may be too much information, I shave in the shower.  I have a mirror attached to the wall.  All shower mirrors are advertised as "fog free", however, I have not found that to be the case with any.  So I keep a bottle of "Fog Free" spray in the shower which helps keep the mirror clear.  The other bottle marked "Water" is just that.  Before I get out of the shower I spray around the tub to remove any soap that may have accumulated.  I also use the water bottle to spray down the shower curtain liner if soap gets on it.  This may seem silly, but it helps cut down on the number of times one needs to scrub the tub and wash the shower curtain liner.  Just a little water in a bottle really does help with this.

These two labels have been through many showers and as you can see, they are still in perfect condition.  Waterproof labels are our friend.

Even if you have one of the earlier versions of a portable label maker, I hope you will consider trying a Niimbot.  I know you will fall in love with it like I did.  I'm labeling everything in the house!!!

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig