A New Serving Tray

The entry table at the end of the hallway leading into the apartment is reconfigured from time to time depending on what is happening.  I set it up one way when having guests, another way for everyday, and even the everyday look changes from time to time.  I recently moved the booze to this table but the look didn't quite catch me.  So I went shopping for a new serving tray.  Take a look.


Another trip to Overstock.com.  I love Overstock.  When I sold Crest Avenue, I gave away most of the furniture I owned because #1, I knew that it would not work in this apartment and, #2 there was too much of it.  I did not want to pay for storage for furniture that I would likely never use again, so I got rid of it.  Most everything I have now came from Overstock.com.


I logged on to their website and typed in "mirrored serving trays".  I thought that would be a good place to start, and it was.  There were pages and pages of serving trays from which to choose, but it did not take me long to find just the right one.  I love the welded steel frame with the mirrored bottom of this tray.  It matches the angular lines of the decor of the apartment.


Here, a sad, pitiful entry table with a few bottles and a candle.  Very nondescript.  Not very inviting.


But, we add our beautiful new steel and mirror serving tray and we have a whole new look.


That is a very nice looking table.  The new tray helps to define the space on the tabletop.  It sets the scene.  It changes the entire atmosphere of this area.  Guests walk in now and see a well appointed entry table.  It works for everyday as well.  Sometimes the simplest of things can make all the difference when decorating your space.  This tray was a little pricey, in the $70 range.  You do not need to spend that much to get the same sort of look and feel on your entry or hall table.  It is not so much the materials used in the manufacture of the serving tray, but rather the sense of style and containment.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig