Classic Fruit Dip

Today we are going to make a very simple and delicious classic fruit dip.  This works well on your buffet, any time of year.  You can put it together at the last minute or the day before.  It works well either way.


We start with an eight ounce block of cream cheese, at room temperature.


You will also need a seven ounce container of Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme.


Simply add the two ingredients together in a medium or large glass bowl.


Using the beaters on an electric hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and marshmallow creme together until fully incorporated.  Once that is done, add one-quarter teaspoon of almond extract.


Another quick mix with the electric mixer to to incorporate the almond extract throughout the mixture.


Using a spatula, remove the dip to a clean glass or ceramic bowl or container and cover tightly.


I used Glad Press 'N Seal cling wrap to cover this ceramic bowl and then placed it into the refrigerator.


When I was ready to serve, I brought the dip out of the refrigerator about a half hour before serving, along with the fruit.  This lovely three-section bowl worked perfectly for my presentation.


I placed a few bamboo skewers behind the tray so that everyone could serve themselves.  Better to place the fruit on your plact and then, using an appropriately sized serving spoon, your guests can add a dollop or two of the dip to their plate, either on the side or over their fruit.  This keeps the dip clean and it can be placed back into the refrigerator for another time.

Of course, this is so delicious you may sneak a spoonful from the container to enjoy on its own.  I must admit, I have been guilty of that.  I hope you will try this delicious dip for your next gathering.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig