Happy Autumnal Equinox 2020

 


Happy Autumnal Equinox which happened on Tuesday of this week at 9:31 A.M., EDT according to the Old Farmer's Almanac.  I really look forward to fall here in the mid-Atlantic every year.  It is my favorite of all the seasons.  This year I added a little print to a gallery wall to help ring in the season.  Take a look.

I found this cute plaid truck wall art that I thought would be a nice addition to a gallery wall.  It wasn't terribly expensive and I really liked the look.  Not everything needs to be terribly expensive.  I think what I enjoy mostly is mixing expensive with non-expensive in every part of my design.  You can usually make it work together in a seamless way.

This piece is very light, so I didn't see the need to use a traditional picture hook.  I decided instead to go with these Scotch double-sided mouthing strips.  I am using the "Extreme" strips for this little piece of art which is probably not necessary, but it is a good way to test these for the first time.


The package contains four sets of two strips for a total of eight strips.  According to the package directions, use one strip to hold up to one-and-a-half pounds.  Use eight strips to hold up to twelve pounds.

I went a little overboard this first time around and used four strips on this little print.  I could easily have used two strips or probably just one strip for this piece, but I wanted it to sit evenly on the wall.  I could have cut two of the strips in half and then placed a smaller strip in each corner, but it's done now.

A note for you if you decide to use these strips to hang artwork inside your home; the protective liners are extremely difficult to remove.  Just prepare for that before you decide to use them.  I used a single-sided safety razor blade to remove the liner and even with that it was difficult.


Here is a picture of the type of blade I used.  You can pick up a small package of these blades at any hardware store, large or small, or even at Walmart.  They are handy to have around the house for varied tasks.

I placed this little level on top of the frame before I pressed it snugly to the wall.  Artwork that is askew just will not do.  (I've gone into rhyme!!!)  As you can see, the bubble is right in the middle.

And we have our cute addition to the gallery wall over the hall table as you enter the apartment.  A very nice addition.  We are reaching that point where it is time to start putting out a little fall decoration.  Halloween will be here before you know it.  My friend Judy has already completely decorated her house for Halloween and it is adorable, as always.  If Judy ever decides to start a blog, I'm in big trouble!!!!  She will take all of my readers.  She is so creative.

I hope you will have fun decorating your house for fall and I hope we come up with a few ideas that will help get you decorating for the season.


No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig