The Tree is Decorated

We got the tree decorated last weekend and I must say, it turned out better than I expected.  This is the first year for this tree, so I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do.

This tree is decorated with objects from many different sources.  The glass ornaments are from The Christmas Sleigh in Middleburg, VA and from Merrifield Garden Center in Merrifield, VA.  The Santa suits and black tophats are from Michael's.  The ball garlands (of which there are two different versions) are from Merrifield Garden Center and Michael's.  The cardinals are from Merrifield Garden Center.  The lights and the star are from Target.  So I picked up things as I saw them to prepare for decorating the tree.  The tree is an artificial tree that I found at Target at Potomac Yards shopping center in Alexandria, VA.

Oh, and I added this little guy, Rudolf, who I found in a box with some other decorations from years past.  He finished the look just perfectly.

I found a star tree topper at Target which was the perfect size for my tree.

Wonderful little sparkly star topper that is LED lit and runs on two AA batteries.

Easy peasy!  Just remove the cover and place the batteries inside.

The next thing you know, you have a beautiful little star for the top of your tree.

Of course, the bottom section is open so it can be secured on top of the tree.

And finally, there you have it.  A lovely tree topper that will last for years.

Target has a whole series of Christmas decor under the "Wondershop at Target" name.  You can view all of the items by clicking here.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig