New Bathroom Storage


On a recent trip to The Container Store to pick up, ... er, ... uh, ... what was I picking up?  I cannot remember.  Well, on that trip I found some small storage containers that I had not seen in the store before, so I grabbed a couple and they turned out to be a fantastic choice.  They fit perfectly in the Elfa door mounted storage bins.  Take a look.

These "madesmart" cotton ball containers are what I am talking about.  I know the packaging says "Cotton Ball Container", but they can hold whatever you like.

I bought two of them because I knew they would work perfectly in the storage bins on the back of the door that leads into the vanity area.  You must use every inch of space available when apartment living.  Actually, that maxim is true no matter how much space you have.

I bought the Elfa brand shelving units from The Container Store shortly after I moved into the apartment.  You can read that post, "Door Mounted Storage Bins from The Container Store" which was published on April 8, 2019.  (Click on the link above to be taken directly to that post).

I decided to use these first two containers not for actual cotton balls, but for "cottony" things.  First container filled with cotton squares.  These squares have a multitude of uses.  I use them as alcohol wipes.  I inject a small amount of insulin each evening, so I add a little alcohol to the square and then apply that alcohol to the injection site just before taking my dose of insulin.

I emptied what was left of my Q-Tips into the second container.  They fit perfectly.  I see that I need to pick up a box of Q-Tips and I will add that to my shopping list for this coming weekend.

The containers stack nicely.  Here, the cotton squares container on the bottom and the Q-Tip container on top.  A perfect fit.  You will see in the second picture in this post that the insert inside the containers states, "fits in standard medicine cabinets".  That is good to know.  I have my medicine cabinet pretty well organized at this point, but it is good to know that these fit in standard medicine cabinets.

OH!  I remember what I went there to get now.  Refrigerator magnets.


I found these wonderful little round, refrigerator magnets.  We will talk more about these later.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig