In Honor of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II

Of course by now we have all heard the sad news of the passing of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II of England last Thursday, September 8, 2022.  What a long and spectacular life.  I certainly cannot attest to the happiness or sadness of her life, but I certainly hope there was more happiness than sadness.  She had a long and what appeared to be loving marriage to Prince Philip.  She had four healthy children.  And she enjoyed good health for the majority of her life according to what has been reported over the years.  I am a bit of a royal watcher and have been for many years.  I've seen just about any documentary done on the royal family that is available for viewing.

Having said all this, I felt a duty to visit the United Kingdom Embassy along Massachusetts Avenue, NW this past weekend and to lay a floral tribute to the queen to show my respect to her and her grieving family.

I purchased this bright bouquet with hues of red and yellow and gold which I thought was particularly fitting for the occasion.

This was the area that was designated for floral tributes to be left to honor the queen.

A better view from the right side of the area which gives you a better look at all the flowers that had been left before I arrived.

I drive by the United Kingdom Embassy frequently and I do not recall seeing this representation of the Union Jack in the landscaping on a daily basis, so I am wondering if they put this in place shortly after the news of her passing for a centralized place for us to leave our tributes.

It was very well designed.  The colors are a bit faded in these pictures but very brilliant in real life.

Finally, my arrangement lain amongst all the others as a small token to show my appreciation for her example and a life well-lived.

I picked up a couple bunches of alstromeria for the apartment this week.  Anyone who follows knows these are my favorite cutting flowers and I keep them in vases throughout the apartment most weeks.

This weeks vase is in honor of Her Majesty.  Though she is no longer with us, her influence will inspire us for years to come.

I wish Charles, the eldest son of Her Majesty and soon to be King of England and his Queen Consort, Camilla, all good things and Godspeed.  The Monarchy will continue to be an inspiration to me and a symbol to which I will aspire to live my life.






No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig