A New Candle

I bought a new candle.  I ran into TJ Maxx recently, not looking for anything specific and I found this wonderful large candle in a glass jar from Scentsational called Dragonfruit Kiwi.  The scent is wonderful.  The decorative jar into which the candle was poured is a delight.  It is a soy wax candle.  If you don't know already, soy wax candles burn slower than parrafin wax candles, so you get to enjoy the beauty and scent of your candle for longer.  All candles produce some amount of soot, but soy wax candles burn cleaner and produce less soot.  Just something to consider the next time you are candle shopping.  I'm not saying I'll never buy or burn another parrafin wax candle, but I like the particular advantages of a soy candle.

This is a large candle measuring 8in x 6in x 6in.  I thought it would work perfectly on this pedestal in the center of the dining area table.  And so it did.

This pedestal has a separate glass dome which you see above.  What a nice look for everyday.  Then, on the weekend all I have to do is remove the glass dome and set it to one side and light the candle.

I particularly like this round wooden lid.  It helps to retain the scent of the candle and it is a nice cover-up for after the candle is burned.  If there is any mess, it is easily concealed by placing this wooden lid back on top of the glass container.


This is a triple-wicked candle.  Always nice.  They burn more evenly than a candle with a single wick in the center.  And, more wicks burning means more aroma in the air.

Here we are with all three wicks lit on the initial burn.  I like the scent.  And even though it is a large candle, the scent is not overpowering.  It adds a gentle, light scent to the room but it does not overpower the room.  You do not want that.  I do not necessarily want an "explosion" of scent from any candle.  Just a nice addition to the air.


I like this candle very much.  The size is right for the pedestal.  It is soy based, so it will last a long time and I will be able to enjoy it for weeks to come.  If you are in the market for a new candle or candles, TJ Maxx has a wonderful selection at great prices!


No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig