Tulips

It's that time of year.  Tulip time!  I know that I go on and on about how much I love alstromeria, and I do love them.  Alstromeria are beautiful and available throughout the year.  Tulips are beautiful but not available throughout the year.  So when tulip season is here, I do tulips.

I was so pleased that the greenery from last week was still going strong this weekend.  The water needed to be refreshed and a new packet of preservative added, but for the most part, everything looked as good as it did when I bought them last week.

Since the greenery held up so nicely, I decided this week I would add some tulips to the mix.  I found this bouquet of tulips that were not quite opened in the floral department at Giant.  I thought they would work perfectly with the greenery from last week.

I removed the cellophane overwrap from the tulips.  Then I removed the greenery from the vase and changed the water and added a new preservative packet.  I placed the greenery alongside the tulips and then set about combing the two.

In just a few minutes I had a beautiful arrangement for this end table in the living room.  This week we are going to continue enjoying the greenery with the added flair, and color, from the tulips.

I rather enveloped the tulips inside the greenery once I had everything laid out.  It turned out to be quite a nice arrangement and perfect for this time of year.  You can do this yourself.  It doesn't take any special talent.  Just a little practice and you will be pleasantly surprised at what a great job you have done putting together an inexpensive, yet elegant arrangement.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig