Birthday Treats for Two Special Friends

I had two birthdays last week for two very dear friends.  These two women are very important in my life and have been for many years now.  Of course they have everything, so we do not make birthday celebrations a time to exchange gifts.  Rather it is just a time to say Happy Birthday, let's get started on another year in your life, here is a trinket or a goody to acknowledge your day, and I love you! Birthday recognition need not be elaborate.  It needs to be be heartfelt.  And I think I accomplished that.

Double Chocolate Vanilla for Yvonne and Sea Salt & Caramel Vanilla for Melinda
Both of these girls love cupcakes.  So, I thought a gift of a cupcake for each would be perfect.  They are both skinny, so I do not get the relationship between their love of cupcakes and their svelte figures, but hey, if you can eat cupcakes and stay a size 2, go for it.


I planned this just perfectly.  I picked up the cupcakes from Whole Foods.  There is a CVS right next door where I picked up the greeting cards.  And the Container Store was across the street.  I got two food grade boxes with clear cellophane tops, one for each cupcake from the Container Store.


Each cupcake in its own box.  We just needed to close the tops and get the cupcakes in the bags and ready to present.


I found the perfect sized gift bags in the Container Store for each boxed cupcake.  Very subtle. Understated.  Not at all garish.  I loved the grosgrain ribbon handles.  A nice touch.



Each box fit neatly inside the bags.  I was very pleased with this.


Next, to the cards.  For Yvonne, this elegant "Ooh La La" card.


A very appropriate greeting inside.  My little handwritten message in the lower right hand corner, "Friends Forever".


And to Melinda, my bestie with a shoe and purse collection any woman would be proud to show off, this was the only card that would do.


It was as if this greeting had been written especially for her.  Both of these cards were from the new Hallmark Signature collection.  These Signature collection cards are really wonderful.  Yes, they are a little more expensive, but so worth it.


Yvonne's cupcake and card left on her desk early in the morning before her arrival at the office.


And Melinda's on her desk early in the morning.

These were very favorably received.  Both ladies were quick to call and thank me for their delicious birthday treats.  A simple acknowledgement of a friends special day is the perfect way to say "Happy Birthday", "All the Best", "I love you".

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig